We guarantee the best price online when booking on our website. Non-Refundable, Prepay price.
Booking and confirmation
A booking is binding from the time you receive a booking number or any other type of confirmation. The conformation is produced electronically via the booking system and/or per e-mail. When placing a reservation order, please fill in your name, address, date of arrival, and departure, as well as how the payment should be undertaken. Different rules apply for different price categories.
Additionally, these terms apply:
- A valid credit card is required to guarantee reservations.
- Your credit card will be charged in accordance with the cancellation terms stated in your reservation. If payment is declined we have the right to cancel the reservation.
- We have the right to pre-authorize your credit card prior to arrival and full payment.
- In case of no-show or late cancellation, the total cost of room and extra services ordered will be charged.
- When more than 5 rooms are reserved other cancellation policies will apply.
- Prepayments are not refunded.
To book a room at 201 HOTEL you must be over 18 years. If you are less than 18 years old either, the booker or the parents must stay at the hotel simultaneously (however, they must not necessarily stay in the room). If you book a room for a person under 18 years old, you are held responsible regardless if you stay in the room with the minor or not.
For security reasons, we only allow our employees and checked-in guests access to hotel rooms and other booked rooms.
Cancellation and modification terms
- Modification of reservation must be done before the cancellation policy is applied.
- Cancellations can be done through a booking engine. Cancellation through email is not valid until it has been confirmed by hotel staff.
- Nonrefundable reservations are nonchangeable reservations.
If you wish to book more than six rooms at once, please contact our hotel staff directly. Special booking terms and conditions, as well as cancellation rules, may apply.
- The hotel room is normally at your disposal from 15:00 on the date of arrival.
- Please note that the hotel can require a deposit from you upon check-in. The deposit must be paid either in cash or with a credit card.
Check out terms
- The credit card on file will be charged for extras and incidentals unless pre-settled with other forms of payment at reception before check out.
- Check out is no later than 12:00 (12 am), late check-out is subject to availability for a fee.
- If you will be arriving later than 16:00, you must guarantee your late arrival with a credit card. If you do not guarantee your late arrival or have not prepaid your stay the hotel may cancel your reservation at 16:00 and re-sell it.
- No vacant room guarantee will be provided.
Early departure and open-end stays
If you have booked for a particular time period but depart earlier, you will be charged for the same amount applying for late cancellation. If you stay at the hotel for an open-ended period and extend your stay by one night at a time, you should notify the hotel of your departure by 16.00 local time the day before. Otherwise, you will be charged for an extra night. If the hotel can no longer keep the room available for you, you are entitled to be informed of this fact by 18.00 the day before departure is required.
Smoking and substance policy
- The hotel is strictly a non-smoking property.
- According to Icelandic laws; smoking, vaping or use of tobacco is forbidden in guest rooms, public areas, terraces, or entrances of the building.
- A Cleaning fee of 50.000 ISK will be charged if guests smoke or use tobacco in guest rooms or public areas.
- The use of any illegal substances or serious violence of smoking law will be reported to the police.
- Consumption of outside drinks and food is not permitted in the gym
- The minimum age of the gym is 18 years old.
- The gym is open daily from 8:00 (8 am) to 21:00 (9 pm).
Processing of personal data
When booking at www.201hotel.is we retain data including your name, address, and email address. This is to allow us to process your reservation request. If your reservation is not completed, we will send you an email enabling you to click back to your incomplete booking in order to finalize it.
Incomplete reservations will be stored for 24 hours.
We do not use your data to send marketing or offers to you unless you have given your consent to this.
201 HOTELS does not sell personal data to third parties. Personal data is also not used or disclosed.
201 HOTEL will try its best to resolve any conflict directly with its costumers or clients with guidance from our terms, conditions, and policies. The legal venue for any conflict or dispute that 201 HOTEL or the management company 201 Hótel ehf. cannot resolve directly in the District Court of Reykjavik.